Tuesday, June 05, 2007

Google Adsense

I just wanted to let everyone know something I recently learned with Google Adsense.

My last post, which is now deleted, referred readers to a traffic exchange site that I will not mention. I received a notice by Google that I was in violation of the adsense program.

Google stated that it could not tell me why or how I was in violation, but a follow up email told me that traffic exchange sites are not recommended as it would artificially raise advertisers cost.

I am posting this to let other sites and blogs know that traffic exchange sites are not allowed. I did not think it would be a problem because I never asked anyone to click on an ad, and figured it would be ok since it was one that made you actually visit the site for at least 30 seconds before leaving.

Maybe this will keep someone else from getting the dredded Google Adsense email. I have always been told not to write to please Google, but I sure dont want them mad at me!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yes every autosurf program ( since you mentioned 30sec) is considered as google illegal or traffic fraud. The reason why they do not allow it is because those traffic exchangers don't have common interests. Meaning you are looking at that 1 site for 30 seconds even tho you dont want to.

Check out my blog http://www.bontb.com i wrote recently about stumbleupon, that is a legit traffic because its traffic driven with same interest and as of yet google does not send any emails about it. go online check out your self if SU is illegal :)

ttyl.